Alice In Funderland.


So I'm no expert on reviewing, well anything. But I really had to give this a review because it truly was amazing. That and this is going to be an exam question for me (lucky me!) so it's sort of study, in an abstract kind of way. Alice In Funderland was actually on my curriculum for English this year and I'm so glad it was! Many of you (well those of you who live in Dublin) have probably seen adverts for Alice In Funderland almost everywhere. I thought I would write a very short review of the show.

I actually went to see it twice, and it only got better the second time. The show is witty, clever, and all round, just good Dublin craic. The constant use of Dublin slang and stereotypes throughout the play made it seem familiar to the audience and thoroughly enjoyable. One of my favourite quotes from the play would have to be "nineteen ninety state of ye!", anybody who has seen the play or is familiar with Dublin locations and slang would be amused by this charming performance.

The performance from all the characters I have to say was incredible. Each actor played several parts throughout the play, and each character was a representation of a typical Dub, from a nationalist taxi driver, to afternoon tv presenters, to clubbers. The play was a musical, which was just as clever as the performances. The lyrics from the songs were comical, one of the songs, was performed by The Scissor Sisters (the sisters who committed murder together, not the band!).

Some images below from the performance via Google Images.





Trailer for Alice In Funderland, which is just as clever as the play. It's the first trailer for a play I've ever seen, and this seems to be a new phenomenon, but this trailer really is a perfect depiction of what the play is like.



Popular Posts

Post an Anorexic Secret?

Luis Quiles, Social Media and Sexism