Neil Hilborn.

Needless to say I'm a fan of all things poetic and artistic, so yes spoken word is included. I recently completed a very insightful (we'll say) module in college on spoken word, although my module dealt more specifically with gender theory. However it gave me a new appreciation for spoken word.

This performer is probably best known for his poem 'OCD' which everyone who has seen it will probably agree that it is incredibly moving and unique. He is really growing to become one of my favourites very quickly. Predominately due to his content.

I can't help but consider younger student's responses to such emotive spoken word. I always recall sitting in poetry and people saying 'I don't get it, poetry is so stupid.' I think Neil presents a much more accessible form of poetry.


Neil Hilborn 'OCD.'


Neil Hilborn 'The Future.'

Popular Posts

Post an Anorexic Secret?

Luis Quiles, Social Media and Sexism