Today I'm Listening To: Marilyn Manson

This may or may not come to some people as a surprise but I'm a huge fan of Marilyn Manson. Although I haven't listened to him in a few years as my music taste tends to change, a lot. For some reason I feel he'll always be an artist I'll return to. I've a lot of respect for him as an individual who appears (from interviews and documentaries I've watched) to be a smart and very aware individual, rather than the reckless rock star people assume he is. I also very firmly believe he is a musician challenges a lot of societal and cultural issues. There is also something I find fascinating about Gothic culture and Marilyn undoubtedly extends that appeal for me in his videos. 

For anyone whom is further interested I'd thoroughly recommend the album Mechanical Animals as it's one of my favorites. If I could have I would have recommended User Friendly but there isn't a video available. 

I am however going to share the video for This Is The New *hit, which is a great song!


Popular Posts

Post an Anorexic Secret?

Luis Quiles, Social Media and Sexism