'Let me shout sweet obscenities in your ear.'

This video has been all over my feeds since its release. I eventually got time and watched it today. This piece is raw, abrupt, makes no excuses, addresses tough issues in an eloquent manner. 

Emmet Kirwan has unquestionably an exceptional talent. I'm particularly drawn to his work due to his exceptional use of colloquial language. Colloquial language or Dublin slurs have always been something that appeals to me and I have personally embraced with full force. Emmet seems to place similar values on this unique language. The colloquial is welcomely embraced by beautiful poetry combining politics, everyday and women all in one. 

Various harsh and tough issues are challenged, from pregnancy, class, judgements. These beautiful words cannot help but provoke various emotions, extremely intense ones at that and in doing so causes any viewer, regardless of their position or views, to reconsider their own views, values and perhaps even their own judgements. 

This is 'Heartbreak' as part of #RIOTDublin



Popular Posts

Post an Anorexic Secret?

Luis Quiles, Social Media and Sexism