Today I'm Listening To: Syd

Some of you might already be familiar with Syd. Syd originally started off with Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All. To be entirely honest I was really shocked by Syd's voice when I first heard it, after watching her perform a dj set for OFWKTA in Dublin back in 2011, it was so intense and her voice and the music she produces is so drastically different to Odd Future.

Syd then went on to The Internet, who released their first album in 2011 called Purple Naked Ladies, including the song 'Cocaine' which I grew to love very quickly. The Internet unquestionably has a number of really incredible musicians.

After doing some collaborations with the likes of Snakeships and Kaytranda, Syd has finally gone solo and released her first album earlier this year. She's someone I expect will continue to grow and bring out some really great music in the future. Here is All About Me,


Popular Posts

Post an Anorexic Secret?

Luis Quiles, Social Media and Sexism